Ever wished you could publish your press release on your newsroom and have your Twitter and Facebook walls automatically update? You can! Up until now, you just haven’t taken advantage of integrating your newsroom with your Twitter and Facebook accounts. This tutorial will focus on Twitter and how you can eliminate having to tweet about your press releases as a separate step.
Setting up your Twitter Account
Before doing anything, first you must provide some of your Twitter information and authorize the newsroom access to your account. We do not need your username or password, just your authorization to post to your wall from the newsroom application. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log into your Maintenance Site
- Click on the Twitter Accounts link towards the bottom of the left rail under the Setup area.
- Click the Add button to add your Twitter Account.
- Provide your Twitter handle in the first input box
- You may setup multiple Twitter Handles and if this particular twitter handle is what you also want to use as the Twitter plugin to show the latest tweets, check the checkbox.
- When you click the “Add Twitter Account”, you’ll be redirected to Twitter and you’ll see a page that looks like the screenshot below. To complete the setup, you must click the “Authorize” button. You’ll be redirected back to the Newsroom’s Twitter Account tool and you’ll see tokens appear. There’s nothing else you need to do other than click the “Edit Twitter Account” button to save your changes.
Posting to Twitter from your Newsroom
Once you’ve connected at least one Twitter handle with the instructions above, you’ll see the ability to tweet from within the Press Release tool. You may provide the tweet phrase, which must be under 100 characters in length. For example, you may want to use the press release headline or an abbreviated version of it. The final step is to check off which Twitter handle you’d like to post the tweet to; you may select as many as you’d like. Provided the press release has a live status and a valid release and archive date range, your press release will post to your Twitter wall within a few minutes. We automatically include a link to the press release along with your tweet.
Instructions given here represent the most current online newsroom platform brought to you TEKGROUP. If your newsroom is not an exact representation of what I’ve described, perhaps it’s time to think about upgrading. See your Client Service Manager for any questions about this post and/or upgrading today!
Client Service Manager
Market Your Message