One of the most frequent questions I get from clients is how to re-sort their Executive Bio listing. Out of the box, the newsroom sorts the bios alphabetically by last name, but this sort order may not be the ideal choice for you. After all, who can blame the boss for not wanting to be top dog.
This is very easy to accomplish in the newsroom:
TIP: you can essentially control the sort order for any of your section pages including images and even press releases. Press Release, Image, Video and Audio all default to the most recent first but you can use their respective tools under the red SCHDEULING bar to override the default sort order with a custom one. You'll need to ask your Client Service Manager to enable the Press Release scheduling tool.
- Log into your Maintenance Site
- Click on the “Executive Bios” menu under the red “SCHEDULING” bar of your left rail (about mid-way down).
- You’ll be presented with your section tree with only the sections that are allowing executive bio type content items to be tagged into them. Click the section you wish to change the sort order of and click the Sort button.
- The next screen will contain a double box. The left side of the double box will contain any executives who have not yet been sorted. The right side will contain any executives who have already have a sort order set.
- Move the executives on the left side over to the right side by clicking their name and then clicking the right arrow in the middle. They’ll be added to the bottom of the list. Use the up and down arrows to move them into their correct pecking order.
- Click the Sort button to save your changes.
- That section will then display the new sort order of the bios.
Instructions given here represent the most current online newsroom platform brought to you TEKGROUP. If your newsroom is not an exact representation of what I’ve described, perhaps it’s time to think about upgrading. See your Client Service Manager for any questions about this post and/or upgrading today!
Client Service Manager
Market Your Message