One of the most frequent questions I get from clients is asking to create new admin users. Usually it’s a request by the person needing access, which I cannot complete for security purposes. I have to verify their request for administrative access with my primary point of contact and that can delay the user needing access for a bit.
What most clients do not realize is that they can create as many additional administrative users that they see fit. There’s no need to run the request through me. We are always happy to assist, but you may save yourself time by creating the user yourself. Here’s how to do just that:
- Log into your Maintenance Site
- Click on the “Accounts” menu down in the lower portion of your left rail.
- The Accounts landing page allows you to add a new user, edit an existing user or delete a user. You’ll want to press the “Add User” button.
- Fill in the necessary user profile type detail. Make sure you do the following:
- Select Administrator as the user type
- Select Active as the user status
- Don’t forget to press the “Add User” button at the bottom of the tool to save your changes.
: if your new user is also someone who should appear on your PR Contacts page, you’ll want to be sure to check off the PR Contact checkbox on their user profile. You can then utilize the PR Contacts tool to add the user to the page into the correct sort order position. I cover how to do that in the next tutorial titled "Did You Know....You can update & sort your PR Contacts?
Instructions given here represent the most current online newsroom platform brought to you TEKGROUP. If your newsroom is not an exact representation of what I’ve described, perhaps it’s time to think about upgrading. See your Client Service Manager for any questions about this post and/or upgrading today!
Client Service Manager
Market Your Message